What Is The Bone/Breast Wall |Uses |Advantages And Disadvantages
In this article I will explain What Is The Bone/Breast Wall | |Uses Of The Bone/Breast Wall |Advantages Of The Bone/Breast Wall| Disadvantages Of The Bone/Breast Wall What Is The Bone/Breast Wall |Uses |Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is The Bone Wall
A bone wall is a low gravestone wall that’s constructed at the hillside to support( retain) the natural bank of the earth. This wall standoff covers a lately cut or old face of a natural hill face. It’s substantially considered in the area where there’s the action of rainfall and rainwater flowing over the hill’s pitch, to help the hill slide.
Uses of BoneWall
1- It’s used at the sides of the road to retain the face of a natural bank of the earth.
2- It’s used to retain natural earth at the bank of the gutters.
Design of bone Wall
- The bone wall requires further base range because of cargo lading wielded by the earth.
- The height of the bone wall isn’t supposed to exceed 3 measures because there’s an advanced possibility of capsizing and sliding.
- The design of a bone wall is done grounded on the height of the wall needed, the nature of the backing, and the pitch of the slice.
- Weep holes should also be handed at regular intervals to reduce the impregnated earth pressure at the wall.
- The bone wall is designed similarly so that the line of pressure should be normal to the earth’s pressure or thrust.
Benefits of The Bone Wall
It prevents the soil on a natural pitch of the dam from sliding down due to the goods of rainfall like corrosion, heavy downfall, etc.
ii. It can be used in structures of the hydraulic
iii. It plays a great part to control natural disasters like a landslide, pitch failures, etc to some extent.
iv. It’s provident. Original accouterments and force can be employed to construct.
vi. It enhances the safety of road druggies.
Disadvantages of The Bone Wall
i. It’s delicate as well as parlous to construct bone walls in hilly areas.
ii. As it’s constructed on a steep pitch, high chance of capsizing and sliding.
iii. Maintenace and formwork are relatively tedious.